- Kick Ass: Selected Columns of Carl Hiaasen, edited by Diane Stevenson (University Press of Florida, 1999).
BookPage, November 1999.
- The Complete Christie: An Agatha Christie Encyclopedia, by Matthew Bunson. Bookreporter, September 19,
- The Wizard of Oz : An Appreciation. Bookreporter, October 10, 2000.
- Hooking Up, by Tom Wolfe (Farrar Straus Giroux). Bookreporter, November 30, 2000.
- The Talmud and the Internet: A Journey Between Two Worlds, by Jonathan Rosen (Farrar, Straus and Giroux). Bookreporter,
January 27, 2001.
- Hooking Up, by Tom Wolfe (Farrar, Straus and Giroux). English Journal, March 2001.
- The Legacy of Ball Four and Other Sport Tomes. Bookreporter, April 6, 2001.
- The Case Against eBooks, A Perspective. Bookreporter, July 28, 2001.
- Baseball and The American Dream: Race, Class, Gender and the National Pastime, by Robert Elias (M.E. Sharpe),
ForeWord, Fall 2001.
- Extra Innings: Writing on Baseball, by Richard Peterson (University of Illinois Press). American Book Review,
- Unique Sports and Games Around the World, by Doris Corbett et al. (Greenwood), Multicultural Review,
- Imagining Baseball: America's Pastime and Popular Culture, by David McGimpsey (Indiana University Press). SABR
Bibliography Newsletter, January 2002
- The Good, The Bad and The Difference, by Randy Cohen (Doubleday), Bookreporter, April 5, 2002
- Global Games, by Maarten Van Bottenburg (University of Illinois Press). Multicultural Review, June 2002.
- The Spy Files. Mental Floss. Vol. 1, No. 4 (June 2002)
- New Jack Jocks: Rebels, Race and the American Athlete, by Larry Platt (Temple University Press, 2002). MultiCultural
Review, September 2002.
- Minor League Baseball: Community Building Through Hometown Sports, by Rebecca S. Kraus (Haworth Press). SABR
Bibliography Committee Newsletter, January 2003.
- Saying It's So: A Cultural History of the Black Sox Scandal , by Daniel A. Nathan (University of Illinois Press). Elysian
Fields Quarterly, Vol. 20, No. 1.
- After: How America Confronted the September 12 Era, by Stephen Brill. Bookreporter, April 17, 2003.
- Throw it Out at the Old Ballgame. E Magazine, May/June, 2003.
- The Rise and Fall of the Press Box, by Leonard Koppett (Sports Classic Books). January Magazine, November
- One Thousand Years Over a Hot Stove: A History of American Women Told Through Food, Recipes and Remembrances,
by Laura Schenone (W.W. Norton). January Magazine, January 6, 2004.
- The Cheating Culture: Why More Americans Are Doing Wrong to Get Ahead, by David Callahan (Harcourt). Bookreporter,
January 23, 2004.
- The Beatles, by Bob Spitz (Lttle Brown), Bookreporter.com, December 5, 2005.
Return to "Category" Page